Monday, September 12, 2011

Bath time chit-chat...

I like the kids' bath time especially now that I know they are confident in the swimming pool, so kind of, er, don't stay exactly within arm's reach any more.  At least we're on the same floor... and I do go in if there's a large splash... or at least ask if everything's ok...

Anyhow, I also can't quite get over how disturbing bath time is too.  There's something quite, quite wrong watching Mr M smiling at me when he realises I'm watching him discover what his nappy usually hides.  Poor lad... There's also Her Ladyship, who thinks many things are hilarious.  I've obviously had to put a stop to her discovering what Mr M's nappy usually hides (silence then raucous giggles from both of them... you know it's not going to be good!) but bath time just seems to be a forum for all kinds of bodily functions.  The logistics of a full bath evacuation in the event of an accident is just... and then there's the minor detail of catching the object... and yes, I have, with my bare hands.  Another thing I didn't sign up for when I launched into motherhood!

But even that's not what's spurred me on to write this post.  Nope, this evening's bath-time was all about the conversation.

Her Ladyship often declares she's a princess, but occasionally magnanimously adds that Mr M is a prince.  This evening, she also declared that she was going to marry him.  No you're not Dear.  Why not, he's a prince?!  He's your brother and people don't marry their brothers.  Why not, mummy? [oh gawd - walked into this one!]  Because if they do, they'll have babies with two heads! [er, where did I get that from?  Seriously, it's been a long day!]

Her Ladyship than looks rather awkward, giggles nervously and then says "but, I'd only go round him this much", gesturing doing a three quarter turn.  Ok... right.  Urgh.  Hmm... and moving swiftly on...

She later asked me about the shampoo we were using (sorry for the non-sequitur - welcome to my world of random tangents!) and more specifically, who made it.  Er... hmm, "Scheiber"... must be a German company... "oh, ok Mummy... does that mean it's full of germs?!"

[cracks up laughing]

No comments:

Post a Comment